Monday, March 24, 2014

Quelque Chose #25

One of these days, when A League Of Their Own is listed as I flick through the channels, it won't be the James Corden sports-based panel show that I keep getting tricked by, but the 1992 film with Geena Davis and Madonna that tells the story of the Rockford Peaches and the All-American Girls Professional Baseball League of the 1940s. However, I'm so used to being disappointed by the appearance of a tv studio and Freddie Flintoff that when that day comes I might end up skipping right past it.

But never mind that, look at this supercool photo of actual real-life Rockford Peach Dorothy Harrell being deadly on the baseball pitch. Her mother gave her a baseball glove and uniform when she was five years old and her grandmother nicknamed her Snookie when she was born. Snookie! But a really cool Snookie!

I love this picture. You go Snookie.

Photo via History.com

2 comments :

  1. I ALWAYS make that mistake, and am disappointed Every Time. Why don't I learn?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love LOVE that film!! It was on over Christmas and I fell in love with it all over again. My mother used to work with the grandson of one of the Rockford Peaches, he had a picture of his kick-ass grandmother in his office.

    ReplyDelete

Hey hot stuff! If you leave a comment I'll give you a present.

Maybe.

 
>