Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Quelque Chose #22


Two weeks ago, my lovely, bold and brilliant grandmother died at the rather decent age of 93. She was Nanny Nonie to me, her thirty other grandchildren and her twenty-seven great-grandchildren. It's a frankly massive family tree that she's responsible for. Nanny was tiny, a demon for sweets and unfailingly honest. "Sit your big bum down here beside me, Kitty!" The picture above is from 1941 and she's with my grandad who died long before I was born. Her bobby socks are awesome.

As such, I hadn't really been in the form for blogging for the last while, but Sweet Valley snarking and general silliness will resume shortly.

7 comments :

  1. Ah I'm sorry to hear that, sincere condolences. What a stunning woman, gorgeous picture x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pic is fab. Sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an amazing women to have grown up with. Sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came here to comment that my Nana's (nick)name is Nonie too. How strange. Sorry for your loss.

    Then I got distracted by the super-sexy new layout. It's very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you Kitty, know how much it sucks! She sounds like a woman to be reckoned with! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the lovely comments guys, much appreciated. x

    holmese - I'm glad you like it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey hot stuff! If you leave a comment I'll give you a present.

Maybe.

 
>