Friday, June 15, 2012

Suits You, Shaw

In today's Beaut.ie post, I mentioned that I really liked Prometheus. Yes, there's heaps of holes and unanswered questions that can be picked through after seeing it, but I really enjoyed watching it. Fassbender was great as a sexy robot and I think I held my breath for the entire alien abortion scene. Noomi Rapace's wobbly English accent and the fact that Guy Pearce was all dressed up like an elderly nutsack instead of just hiring an old dude actor were minor irritations (it turns out that Pearce's character was supposed to appear all young in a dream sequence that ended up being cut, so that's why he was all olded up as Weyland) but overall I was a happy cinema-goer.

The actual point of this post though, is to see if it was just me that thought Elizabeth Shaw in her jumpsuit...


...TOTALLY REMINDED ME OF...


...April O'Neil from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fame! Incidentally, it's damn near impossible to get a decent picture of the original cartoon April, as a Google Images search for her just brings up creepy fan art of her with her rack bursting out of her clothes or bound and gagged for some reason. I guess that's the internet for you sometimes.

6 comments :

  1. YES! THAT IS EXACTLY WHO SHE LOOKS LIKE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely spot on!! Oh dear God-that c section scene! I've seen a fair few of those in real life so not easily upset by an auld operation but I think I watched all of that scene through my fingers.Bleugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie - It's not just me then! :)

    CeeCee - I swear I was all tensed up for the entire thing. Waaahhh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. u are just right..so same.
    and u have a nice blog :).
    follow each other

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! Very nice blog, I like it so much! :)

    xoxo
    Susanna
    http://susanna-behindmyeyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted to be April O'Neill so much, I used to carry a reporters notebook around with me. I didn't have a jumpsuit or red hair or turtle friends though, so I was just a small chubby child with a notebook. Cool.

    ReplyDelete

Hey hot stuff! If you leave a comment I'll give you a present.

Maybe.

 
>