Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Quelque Chose #13


Unlucky for some, #13 goes out to 19th century Irish courtesan/dancer/saloon owner/temporary ruler of Bavaria and all-round hussy Lola Montez, about whom I've written a guest post for The Anti Room.

"Her aforementioned temper has become the stuff of legend, stories abound of her carrying a whip everywhere she went, like a sexed-up, slightly unhinged Indiana Jones and using it to strike men across the face if they annoyed her. In essence, you didn’t fuck with Lola Montez."

Her name was Lola and she actually WAS a showgirl.

4 comments :

  1. Why do you call your posts Quelque chose? just wondering. And I might need to rob your idea for a certain masters thesis! 'saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because ages ago I couldn't think of a title for a post that was just of a picture I liked and quelque chose just means "something" so I've made a half-assed series out of it. And which idea would that be then, hmm?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed this post - it was educational AND interesting AND fun to read...I feel so learned now. Plus she sounds awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to do one of those family tree things and find out I'm related to her

    ReplyDelete

Hey hot stuff! If you leave a comment I'll give you a present.

Maybe.

 
>