Friday, December 03, 2010

She's Gonna Shimmy Till Her Garters Break

Earlier this week I attended a screening of Burlesque in order to review it for Culch.ie. In a nutshell it's a delightfully silly and massively camp "a star is born" story, interspersed with laughable dialogue and massive musical numbers. It's the brilliant kind of terrible and the review resides here should you wish to peruse it. The costumes however, merited a post of their very own. As it is, I have something of a weakness for corsets, bustiers and the various other fishnetty twinkly trappings of burlesque style apparel, and ridiculous and all as the film is, I certainly couldn't fault them on the outfits. Eye candy a-go-go it was.

The costume, that is.

Christina and her chorus line sparkled like sexy Christmas trees throughout, bumping and grinding their way around the stage and in one case, and pulling some truly astounding shapes on their chairs. Behold:

I could totally do that. I just don't want to.

So when Christina isn't using her acting or wandering around with her uncontrollable dancer version of Tourettes, she's hamming it up onstage in some serious style. I couldn't decide which pictures to use for this post because I think they're all fucking gorgeous so here they all are. Glittery candy floss for your eyeballs.














It's a big mad cake of deadly. In its own special way.

3 comments :

  1. I have the firm belief I was burlesque dancer in a previous life, tis only way to explain my fondness for corsets and lace :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. pics are great, must be a real eye candy! can't wait to see it

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Emily - Snap, I'm a sucker for corsets. Super hot.

    @ Ka - It's pure eye candy, the amount of gorgeous outfits totally makes up for complete lack of storyline.

    ReplyDelete

Hey hot stuff! If you leave a comment I'll give you a present.

Maybe.

 
>