Tuesday, December 21, 2010

And You Will Know Her By The Trail Of Cotton Wool

In honour of Miss Dizzle's birthday, last Saturday night was spent happily imbibing €5 mojitos, with each of us in Father Ted themed fancy dress. The birthday girl herself came as the most magnificent Spiderbaby you ever did see, and special mention must go to the "HOLIDAYS!" version of Father Jack (old fashioned black and white swimsuit and knotted handkerchief on her, yes in this case, her head) a runner up in the Lovely Girls competition, a Sister Assumpta with chocolate all over her face and a dashing Pat Mustard, to name but a few.

I decided to go as that most noble character, favourite of Fargo Boyle and multiple winner of the King of the Sheep competition, Chris.

As in the costume was cheap, not me. Actually that's a lie, I'm pretty much anybody's for a bottle of Tanora and some bacon fries.

It's official, four hundred cotton wool balls, a white dress from one of those shops called Crisis or Fab or something, a bottle of fabric glue and nothing better to do on a Saturday afternoon will get you a DIY sheep costume. The cover of last week's Sunday Times magazine was duly chopped up, folded appropriately and reborn as a rosette, just so nobody would be in any doubt as to Chris's importance.

I'm still finding bits of cotton wool all over the house.

10 comments :

  1. Could this explain why you were a bit sheepish post the free bar... Captain Morgan's anyone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah. That was actually the previous Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bacon fries are an integral part of my seduction arsenal. I'm glad someone else appreciates them as much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ emordino - An essential and efficient weapon, it has to be said.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tanora and Bacon Fries are my downfall.... I just can't say no.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, this pic made me laugh! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tanora is best served with Southern Comfort x

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Sarah - I have no willpower whatsoever when it comes to these two things.

    @Ali - It was great fun to wear. Lovely and warm too!

    @Hermia - It certainly was, m'lady.

    @Blau - That is the best idea I've heard all day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! That freaking awesome!! Rosette was a nice touch :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey hot stuff! If you leave a comment I'll give you a present.

Maybe.

 
>