Friday, August 13, 2010

Ab Fab


I passed one of these new bubblegum pink Absolut ads that seem to have popped up all over the shop lately and noticed down at the end of the photo, the line "A vision from Zooey Deschanel and Ellen von Unwerth" and thought...que? That Barbarella-styled blonde in the 1960s sci-fi outfit is quite clearly not everyone's favourite ridiculously beautiful cool girl Zooey. But that, in fact, turns out to be the case. I quite like the look of the whole thing, although I'm not convinced that the uberpouty mouth is altogether right. It reminds me ever so slightly of Ducky from The Land Before Time.


She's in another Absolut ad looking more like herself as a blue feathered showgirl-type bird of the sexy variety in a gilded cage, which I'm also rather liking.


It's not just Zooey that's taken to flogging vodka though, as there's a series of ads featuring Kate Beckinsale looking foxy in an Attack of the 50ft Woman style shot, also going blonde-and-therefore-near-unrecognisable in a psychadelic swirly setup and vamping the bejaysus out of it as a ridey Bloody Mary. Hot stuff.





8 comments :

  1. Zooey gives rise to certain feelings within me. She does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Radge - I very highly doubt that you'd be alone in that somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the land before time was the firt film i saw in the cinema..awh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jebus, I had no idea that was Zooey! I hate that pink one....she looks so trashy in it! Just when I thought she could do no wrong, this happens!
    The bird cage one is nice, but feckin' hell, Zooey, peddling vodka, wha?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennie - Don't we all!

    Blau - I think Who Framed Roger Rabbit was my first film in the cinema. I only really remember hiding behind a seat at the the steamroller bit though.

    Hermia - Yeah, it seems a bit out of character alright. I do like the pink ad, but that might be because I love Barbarella and that whole look in general.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Zooey. I do not love that pink abomination.

    How do you pronounce Zooey?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well isn't this a whole lot of loveliness wrapped up in a splendid blog!
    I'm enjoying all the fanciful photos you have on display!
    thank-you for sharing the inspiration!
    <3

    ReplyDelete

Hey hot stuff! If you leave a comment I'll give you a present.

Maybe.

 
>