Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Sugababes of Thrash Metal

At a birthday party a while back, Dave Flag and I bonded up a storm over heavy metal and the fact that we had both attended Ozzfest in 2002, getting to see Drowning Pool before their lead singer snuffed it a few months later, just HOW AMAZING Slayer were and how nobody really cared that Ozzy didn't show up.

The conversation eventually led to us agreeing to go see Sepultura in the Academy tonight, with the Bear in tow. As I drunkenly put it last Friday night while trying to explain them to one of the lads; "they're a Brazilian thrash metal band, and kind of like the Sugababes of metal". In that their lineup has altered somewhat over the years. I'm pretty sure that's where the similarities end. All I know is that the teenage metalhead/smiley-and-therefore-rubbish-goth in me is only delighted at the prospect.

Also, just to make things interesting, the Bear and I are heading off to Amsterdam tomorrow afternoon for a week. Manys the hijink to be had. Manys the hijink indeed.

2 comments :

  1. Great! Thanks for this post. I think women in your country are lucky that they've rights. they're free to attend parties and do anything they like. but women in Pakistan are commodity mostly.

    How this poor woman was killed for 'honor' last year but our media kept silent... just read the tragic story, which a blogger has published for the first time, taking risk, you will realize how lucky you're: http://theterrorland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hey hot stuff! If you leave a comment I'll give you a present.

Maybe.

 
>