Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Table For Two

Back when the Bear and I moved into our deadly new apartment, we soon realised that we were without a coffee table, (or tea table really, since neither of us actually drink coffee) and an upturned cardboard box held together with tape from the move would only do for so long.

So we bought this retro expandy table off eBay.


Then, seeing as I have something of a penchant (that's right, penchant) for old pictures of sexy ladies, we bought a heap of vintage magazine pictures of Greta Garbo, Jayne Mansfield, Carole Lombard, Sophia Loren and Brigitte Bardot, also from the Bay of E.


The whole lot was then handed over to the lovely people at Pre Loved Style, who we came across at the Dublin Flea Market. They got to work tarting up our table and lo!


We kept the colour (and as it happens, the slightly more nekkid) pictures for the middle panel underneath. So now I get to put my cup of tea on Bardot's bare bottom. Which not many people can say.


Plus it also has that fantastic photo of Sophia Loren giving Jayne Mansfield's rack the dirtiest look EVER.


Nice.

15 comments :

  1. That is class!! I feel a little sorry for your cardboard box now though - it served you so well for so long! BK :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "sonce"?? wouldn't think they speak like that on dorset street?

    ReplyDelete
  3. B - It was getting a bit manky though in fairness!

    TCup - I've been trying to change that spelling mistake all morning it's doing my head in! Stupid work computer is being all weird and won't let me. Humph. And they DEFINITELY don't speak like that on Dorset St!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right, well that's officially the best idea ever. Who knew tables could be cool?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is frikkin' awesome! I love when people put a bit of creativity into their homes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cat, that's AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! Can I have it? :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everybody! The folks at Pre Loved Style are pretty great! And Hermia no, no you can't. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is one sexy table. And I don't usually say that about tables.

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is awesome!! great find on the preloved people! You should look for sexy matching mugs, for an erotic tea drinking exerience :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. GOD! You're so MEAN and selfish! Pfffft!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am simply in awe of this idea ! seriously WOAH, thanks for the inspiration lol, I shall HAVE to try this

    your blog is great, your newest Irish fan , Cheri xxx

    MON CHERI !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wowzers. This is brilliant. I would totally love to have this in my sitting room too. I have a manky (sorry I meant preloved) coffee table and I'm sick of looking at it. The photos are really well chosen too, that Loren giving a dirty look is the best, so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  13. awesome....wonder if they do an Eric Cantona one...heh magnifique...

    ReplyDelete

Hey hot stuff! If you leave a comment I'll give you a present.

Maybe.

 
>