Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Playing House

It would appear that there's nothing like the impending visit of parents to get people to tidy, hoover and dust an apartment, hide the tangle of cables connecting the telly to the many things it's connected to, including the Bear's SNES console (incidentally, the original MarioKart is WAY harder than MarioKart Wii and Street Fighter II is just as good as you remember) and hang up the pictures that had previously been sitting on the floor. It doesn't seem like that long ago that I was faffing over whether or not I was ready to tell the Bear that I loved him, and now we've bought a canvas print from Grogan's, share a fridge and have Sally Jupiter hanging over our bed.

We trade Over The Rainbow and America's Next Top Model (don't you judge me) for Scrapheap Challenge and BBC4 documentaries about physics and then meet in the middle for Glee and 30 Rock. Saying that however, I actually did get quite into Wonders Of The Solar System which was mostly due to lovely Professor Brian Cox being so damn endearing and getting so enthusiastic about space and whatnot. I even had a dream the other night that I met him in Disneyland and we got on like a house on fire. I was pretty annoyed to wake up and find that I was not in fact friends with the Professor or even in Disneyland.

Harsh.

Look at him there, being brilliant. Apparently he was the keyboard player in D:Ream while studying physics. He's great. I think I'm a bit in love with him actually.

This post was supposed to be about how great it is to be living with the Bear but ended up meandering into how lovely and great Brian Cox is. Although the Bear did just rob a Yorkie from my Easter Egg and laugh at me when my foot went to sleep just now and I couldn't feel it. So that's what he gets. Ha.

11 comments :

  1. aw ANTM - it's so sad i love that series so much lol.

    no judgement here ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such delicious trash though isn't it? We'll probably look back on it in years to come and see how it charted Tyra's eventual mental decline seeing as she's getting progessively crazier as the series goes on, what with all that smizing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have issues with reality TV in general. Well, I watched Cheaters, but nothing was ever going to live up to a show where the host got stabbed on camera. And 24, 24 is real I'm pretty sure.

    Nothing will ever be harder or more unfair than Mario Kart on the SNES. That said, we have a challenge on in my apartment that everyone who steps inside the door MUST take part in it.

    So far I'm running second. Second in my own challenge, damnit. What's the world come to?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch! Coming second in your own challenge must indeed hurt. I'm going to have to start back at 50cc and work my way up to master the damn thing. Also I keep forgetting that a lack of coins means bumping into someone sends you perilously off course. Which doesn't help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. See how well you do then:

    Play as Mario on Time Trial
    Ghost Valley 1
    You only get 2 goes and you take your best one
    No speed boost

    See what time you clock up. Full time only, we don't take no stinkin' laps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dang. I'll get back to you on that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol, well you tried! I'm sure he'll appreciate the effort!lol!

    And urgh, I hate when mine or The Boy's parents are coming over....I just hate cleaning soooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i just hate a dirty house there's one thing to be untidy but dirty just turns my stomach!

    ReplyDelete
  9. he's a but cute now isnt he...needs a beard though..all men must have beards

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blau - I agree, and they don't come much beardier than the Bear. But the Professor is just so ridiculously likeable, even with a bare chin!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmm Brian Cox. Sometimes I wonder does he think about me when I'm not around...

    ReplyDelete

Hey hot stuff! If you leave a comment I'll give you a present.

Maybe.

 
>