Thursday, January 14, 2010

Anticipation She Wrote


So. A few viewings later, we find ourselves with all our Creme Eggs in the one basket, with fingers, toes and tits crossed and hoping to hear today whether we'll be the Chosen Ones for the shiniest, loveliest, cleverest apartment (duplex, no less!) that I've ever seen or could potentially live in.

By happy coincidence, one of the owners turns out to be the sister of one of the Bear's best friends from college, and over the last while I've gotten to be friendly with their other sister, through a shared love of Lolcats and the Discworld series. As such, some shameless campaigning by the Bear and I ensued, canvassing our quite handy contacts to tell our hopefully future landlords what fantastic human beings we just so happen to be.

The Bear (quite rightly...I s'pose) won't let me get too excited about it in case it doesn't work out, but I'm finding it impossible not to think about where I could put my three foot high Betty Boop statue to show her off to maximum effect, and where his video collection would look extra deadly. Hopefully I'm not jinxing the bejaysus out of everything by blogging about it, but I'm very excited you see. It's smack bang in the centre of the city and so close to where I work that I could go home at lunch, have cheese on toast or whatever I damn well feel like and maybe, just maybe.....WATCH MURDER SHE WROTE.

Jessicaaaaaa!

UPDATE: It worked! They picked us! Hooray to the max!

4 comments :

  1. yay! have fun moving. make the bed and leave the rest of it til you've got visitors coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it. Minimum effort. Especially since we have to contend with hauling everything up three flights of stairs in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant, just saw the update. You may, in fact, have just had the smoothest house-hunt in the history of time. I'd hate you a little inside, but i'm a bigger man than that. Probably.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I'm sure you're above all that, Andrew! It was surprisingly drama free in the end. Which was nice.

    ReplyDelete

Hey hot stuff! If you leave a comment I'll give you a present.

Maybe.

 
>