Thursday, April 09, 2009

No results found. Please adjust your search and try again.

Yeah well maybe I would "adjust my search" if all I wanted to do wasn't in fact graphic design, and print design at that, you lousy search robot. I really shouldn't have spent four years in college pretending web design didn't exist and sticking my fingers in my ears shouting LA LA LA at the mere mention of Flash or Dreamweaver. So now all job ads for graphic designers include landmines such as "interactive design", "online graphic design", "knowledge of Flash, HTML, CSS" and all print designers can shag off because we don't need them or want them and they smell weird anyway. Bastards. As it happens, the two most suitable jobs I've come across happen to be back where I'm from in Waterford. And as much as I like heading back to the Déise of a weekend, moving back there altogether would make it only a matter of time before I start naming the paperclips on my desk and making friends with them. And that might be fun for a while, just me and my paperclippy buddies going on office based adventures but it would most likely get old rather quickly. Alternatively, there have been one or two jobs lurking in the shadowy outskirts of my search, sneering and rubbing their dirty hands together, as they are jobs in the dreaded signage industry, which I spent about ten months working in after I left college and would not go back to for love nor money nor my very own B.O.B. voiced by Seth Rogen.

Le sigh.

4 comments :

  1. Yep.

    Having left my 4* restaurant manager job I now have "Management opportunities in KFC" staring at me in my job search.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your comment about the paper clips made me laugh ... Hold on in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you find something great soon - although I love the idea of you naming your paper clips hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. KC I know beggars can't be choosers but I think Waterford is cursed on the jobs front. I have a friend who has been laid off twice in a year and a half after moving to Waterford for her "dream job".

    Swallow your pride and take anything for the time being and wait till something better comes along.

    Luv & hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Hey hot stuff! If you leave a comment I'll give you a present.

Maybe.

 
>