Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Spot the Difference


In case anyone hadn't realised by now, I love Dita Von Teese. Lovely, classy, sexy, gorgeous Dita. However, something I didn't know about lovely Dita is that the beauty mark next to her eye is in fact a tattoo. Looky here at the before and after:


Heather Sweet, sans dot and lovely Dita avec dot. Turns out that back along, she visited a tattoo parlour with the intention of having a star inked right there on her lovely face. Now, while I'm all for having stars on your face, I would be of the opinion that temporary is undoubtedly the way to go. Thankfully, the tattoo artist thought so too and wisely talked her out of it, convincing lovely Dita that a beauty mark would be a better option. The lady herself said:
"You have to understand I was pretty eccentric. I was always drawing hearts and stars in that spot. I went in thinking I wanted a star there, but they wouldn’t do it.

They were the voice of reason. They were so right."

Indeed they were. She also almost had seams tattooed on the back of her legs, in the manner of the 1940s wartime ladies who would draw the lines on their legs, for want of actual stockings. Again, probably wouldn't have been the best move ever, lovely Dita.
"In the early nineties I almost got seams (tattooed) up the back of my legs but I’m so glad I didn’t. Can you imagine how hard it would be to match up the seams with real stockings? It would have been a nightmare."

Any excuse to put pictures of her on the blog really.

Yoinked from ici.

3 comments :

  1. I'm having a 'no-one-is-more-wonderful-than-Scarlet' day but Dita is magnificent all the same.

    And I did not know that about the mark. I always presumed it was just part of her make-up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, a tattoo?!
    mh, great idea:D
    She looks amazing though, no matter what the haters say-stunning:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Lottie - yeah, I'd never really noticed it myself before this! And it's true that Scarlett is beyond flawless. However I prefer brunettes!

    @ Catrina - She's beautiful, and so different looking from other famous women today, love her! And welcome, by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey hot stuff! If you leave a comment I'll give you a present.

Maybe.

 
>