Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Yes Please

When the Bear and I were in Paris, we dodged the rain for two hours on the last day by going to see Yes Man, with Jim Carrey and Zooey Deschanel. As in they were starring in it, not there with us because let's face it, if they were I'd have spent the entire time pestering Jim for Ace Ventura lines and I'd have to be peeled off Zooey because...well...it's Zooey Deschanel, silly! Anyway, about halfway through the film, we skip along to a scene in an airport where the camera reveals the fantastic Miss D in The Most Amazing Coat Ever. I actually gasped when I saw it, and now, as a little sweetie for your eyes, here it is.... (cue heavenly music..)



And it would appear that every girl who has seen it has also been Googling the bejaysus out of Zooey Deschanel + Yes Man + navy coat, in an attempt to find their very own version. Message boards are swamped with boys trying to find it for their girlfriends along with people suggesting coats that are kinda similar but just not the same dammit! Anyway it turns out that it was one of those magical finds in some LA vintage shop, which probably disappeared in a puff of glittery smoke as soon as the door swung shut. Oh well. Maybe if I track Zooey down I can appeal to her quirky hippy side and convince her that it's just a material thing maaan, and you don't really NEED material possessions to make you happy...and then run off giggling like a lunatic in my beeeeautiful new coat. Probably not though.

9 comments :

  1. Meh! It's okay - not great. But it does look really really familiar - and I could swear I have seen it in a shop somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meh? Okay? OKAY? It's beeeautiful! With extra eees! Really Lottie, what if the coat heard that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol - sorry! I guess Im just a dress, shoe and hat person. I will take a Zooey though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yea Lottie I'm a bit meh about it as well. it's grand like but I'm not going into cold sweat thinking about it. maybe just a luke warm pant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's dreamy. More stuff should have contrasting piping on it, why is there so little contrasting piping?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's cos she works it so cute. I've seen similar ones and it has that whole schoolgirl/military feel to it. But Zooey rocks it, which makes it even more covetable!

    ps: guys your up on FF and the dinner jacket, feb issue www.thedinnerjacket.com finally!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember the scene where she appeared wearing it, because I remember saying out loud 'I LOVE that coat!' and made a mental note to look for it. It's fab and I haven't found it yet :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. The picture doesn't really do it justice. If you watch the movie, I'm sure you'd notice just how abso-freaking-lutely adorable it really is. I had a gasp moment myself when I saw it and could not stop thinking about how I wanted one the rest of the movie and afterwards. lol

    ReplyDelete

Hey hot stuff! If you leave a comment I'll give you a present.

Maybe.

 
>