Friday, February 20, 2009

Faster, Pussycats

Quite some time ago, I posted about the kick-ass ball of deadly that is Tura Satana. I love reading up on brazen, crazy girls like her with an amazing life story that would make a much better Hollywood film than the endless unimaginative stream of remakes and sequels hitting the cinemas in the last few years. Girls that go against the grain of whatever society they lived in at the time and did their own damn thing are just fascinating to me. When I come across women like this, I sort of collect them in my head and look them up from time to time to find out more about them and their lives. Anyway my point is that I think I might do a series of posts about these ladies, even just as a way to take the list out of my head and make it real and to do something with all the interesting bits and pieces about them. I was going to post something about one of them today, but I might keep her till next week, now it's taken me this long to introduce the idea. If I do actually follow through on this, it will probably just be a whenever I feel like it thing or something that'll pop up when I can't think of anything else to blog about, cos I'm lazy like that. Suggestions for naming the series are welcome, alliteration would be nice so help me out!

6 comments :

  1. i've heard a lot about this tess purcell person she looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do one on Mulan. I am sure there was lots of stuff Disney left out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about the Brassiered Beauties Brash and Brazen Blooming Brilliant BioBlog?

    ReplyDelete

Hey hot stuff! If you leave a comment I'll give you a present.

Maybe.

 
>