Monday, August 25, 2008

Six weeks in

That's how long we've been seeing each other. He remembers the date but I had to check my old emails to figure it out. In the beginning I felt like he was more into me than I was into him and wasn't quite sure what to do, if anything. But it turned out that the more time I spent with him, the more I liked him. The first night he stayed over, while I was all sleepy tired after shenanigans that I didn't plan on having till the next week at least, he said he was falling for me. I didn't know how to respond so I kept my eyes closed, pretending to have nodded off.

Since then though, he's told me he loves me a few times. It's weird though because he says in a way that sort of catches me off guard. There's never any pressure dangling off it though and I don't feel like I have to say it back right there and then. He said it once while we were in the car and I just laughed it off, saying "No you don't!" and he said that yes, he does and that he just wears his heart on his sleeve. He told me he wouldn't say it anymore if it wrecks my head, but it doesn't. I don't know if I'm ready to say it just yet, but I will eventually. There are a lot of things I love about him, so maybe it'll just take me a bit longer for it all to mush together, Terminator 2-style into loving him.

K

5 comments :

  1. 6 weeks in and he already "loves you"? In y opinion that's a bit quick - but I don't know, everyones different.

    Glad to see you're not giving up. Too many people do that - if there's no flames and lightening then they decide it's not to bee. Some things just take some time ...and I recall something about loosing feeling in your face. That stuck with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It did seem a bit quick alright, but we have great craic together and I really do like him, he just seems to be a bit ahead of me really! God that face thing was odd though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew I loved the boyf after two weeks and I think he told me after four - we are still together 5 years on so if it feels right go for it! Dont say it unless you 100% mean it though - god bless his cotton socks - he sounds like a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear an echo...and I got a happy ending...it's a great sign that him saying it doesn't scare you off. Sounds like he knows you might say it some day and he is happy to wait.

    Lots of warm fuzzies ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hey hot stuff! If you leave a comment I'll give you a present.

Maybe.

 
>