Thursday, July 31, 2008

Wowza



No prizes for guessing what I went to see last night in t'cinema. No matter how much people talk up Heath Ledger's Joker, I don't think you're ever really ready for just how frightening he is in it. It has to be said, his entrance is right up there with Jack Sparrow and his perfectly timed sinking ship, ie brilliant. I know everyone and their Mammy has reviewed The Dark Knight, so I'm not even going to attempt to but if anyone hasn't seen it yet then do yourself a favour and GO! Anyway, I found some interesting stuff about the film over at IMDb and I love trivia so here's some.

Matt Damon was Christopher Nolan's first choice for the role of Harvey Dent but turned it down.

Director Christopher Nolan and co-writers Jonathan Nolan and David S. Goyer decided not to explore the origins of the Joker in order to portray the character as "absolute."

While in the nurse uniform, The Joker's name badge says Matilda. This is the name of Heath Ledger's daughter.

In the scene where the Joker pays a visit to Bruce Wayne's penthouse, Michael Caine had never met Ledger before, so when Ledger arrived and performed he gave Caine such a fright he forgot his lines.

The nine-minute suite composed for the Joker is based around two notes, D and C. Interestingly enough, Batman's comic book company (who also produces the film) is DC Comics.


I love the part about poor aul Michael Caine forgetting his lines because he go so freaked out. Scary as it was to watch Ledger in action on screen, it must have been something else to be in the same room as him and have him get in your face in person. Oh AND apparently they're thinking of getting Johnny Depp as the Riddler and Philip Seymour Hoffman as the Penguin in the next one, can you imagine!? I wonder what they'd do if they brought Catwoman into the fray. Would they really want to be associated with the major floparoo with Halle Berry and cast her in it or start from scratch? (Ahaha totally unintentional pun, I promise.) Anyway as far as I'm concerned, the only Catwoman is either Michelle Pfeiffer or Julie Newmar. Miaow!



(And as an aside, I went to see it with LLM. It's all going rather well although he's gagging for the ride but won't be getting it till at least the weekend after the Bank Holiday.)

K

2 comments :

  1. GO on...give in...you know you want it too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darren - that's not the point! I probably will though. Ah feck.

    ReplyDelete

Hey hot stuff! If you leave a comment I'll give you a present.

Maybe.

 
>